Monday, December 29, 2014

Knitting in Public (KIP)

As you may have already read, I like to knit.

Probably too much.

But, it helps alleviate my anxiety and symptoms of depression, so I don't think it's really a problem. Yet.


I don't like public places, so I tend to knit to keep my anxieties down.

This can be bad.


One time while my boyfriend was being seen by a doctor, I was left to my  own devices in the waiting room. While knitting happily away, I was approached by a woman who began to talk to me.

It shouldn't, but this sends me into a tizzy.


I get super awkward and don't know how to handle this situation very well. Although I know I don't sound all that retarded, in my head I sound something like this:


Usually people get the idea that I'm not quite ready for social interactions yet, and leave me alone to knit complacently again.





1 comment: