Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Laundry

I tend to get overwhelmed easily.

It can become a bit of a problem at times.

For a small example, here is how I typically do laundry:

Let us start with a clean basket. (A rare occurrence.)


Then, a few clothes will be tossed in.

No biggie, no need to do laundry today.



Then, the laundry basket gets a little fuller, but not so full that it's a problem. I still have clean clothes to wear.


Then, all of a sudden, it becomes A HUGE LAUNDRY MONSTER THAT I HAVE IGNORED FOR A MONTH AND A HALF, AND I'M WEARING THE LAST CLEAN CLOTHES I HAVE.


This is so overwhelming, because it starts a cycle of negative self-talk. I'll say to myself, "You can't even do laundry what's wrong with you? You always put off easy things like this! Looser! Get yourself together! YOU DON'T DESERVE CLEAN CLOTHES. OH, ARE YOU UPSET NOW? GOOD.", which makes me feel bad, and I avoid the situation until I simply can't ignore it anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment